Invention and design at Nokia Vancouver

I was surprised to learn about what's going on at Nokia's Vancouver R&D facility. The work there is not theoretical. The researchers there are actually having an impact on how we use our portable devices, or at least yours, I have none, except, of course, my mind.

One inventor with a high batting average is Patrick Wong. He holds four patents and has forty pending. I visited Patrick (right) and Director of Research Brad Lowe at their secure facility.

Yup. Gates, a checkpoint, a friendly but deadly receptionist and keypads which makes it the most secure facility I've visited since touring Joint Task Force Directorate Nine of Joint Forces Command in Suffolk, Virginia.

At least there were no US marines...I don't think there were. Here's my interview with Patrick and Brad.

Comments